Sunday, November 29, 2009

Most Interesting Type From a Package Containing Food

Date: November 29th, 2009
Time: 9:00
Place: My fridge

I didn't really notice anything interesting about this V8 bottle when I first looked at it, but when I examined it more, I noticed how well designed it is. I especially like "V-Fusion"; the way it is portrayed reflects characteristics of the juice. V8 is organic and healthy, and the font has a flowing, clean, organic style (almost like it was formed by a thick brush). I think, though, that the "s" is the most clever. It is formed out of two curved shapes, which swirl and "fuse" together, evoking the very word that the letters are creating. The "s" reminds me of a Ying-Yang symbol, which I usually associate with organic and natural ideas. Also, I don't know if this is intentional, but its negative space seems to form the silhouette of a branch with a leaf. All of these aspects combine to create an incredibly subtle but very effective logo.



No comments:

Post a Comment