Thursday, December 10, 2009

Interesting Typography Found in Sharadin

Date: December 11th, 2009
Time: 1:30 AM
Place: My Room

So, I had this in my room, but I originally found it in Sharadin (last year). It's a student-designed flyer for Tom Warburton's "semi-triumphant" return to Kutztown. I really like this flyer as a whole, but I feel that the type really pulls it together. The bright fill color and obvious stroke help to contribute to the cartoon theme, which is appropriate for the cartoonist, Warburton. The font, which seems to be some sort of stylized brush display font, adds a sense of urgency and excitement, heightened by the lightning in the background. Although I don't usually like this style of design, I feel that this is flyer is very effective and relevant to its purpose. However, without the unique headline, it would be much less interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment